Oh where to begin, where to begin.
I saw this recipe on the TV and began foaming at the mouth.
I love fritters and cakes. These were extremely easy to prepare, very tasty and actually healthy if cooked the right way. I usually fry mine in coconut oil as it's very good for you for many reasons but mainly because it's the only oil that doesn't turn into naughty trans fats when heated up.
Don't worry, it doesn't add a coconutty taste to your food.
For more benefits of coconut oil read here
Cooking time is no longer than 30 mins
For the cakes
5 coarsely grated zucchini
5 medium sized boiled potatoes
200g feta cheese
A cup of flour
2 eggs beaten
For the side salad
4 vine tomatoes
Half a cucumber
1 large finely grated carrot
Apple cider vinegar
1. Boil the potatoes and let cool down.
After 30 minutes peel and grate.
2. Grate the raw zucchini and let sit at least 30 minutes to drain. After 30 mins, squeeze zucchini out.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and salt. Add the drained zucchini, crumbled feta cheese and grated boiled potatoes.
4. Add couple of pinches of dried oregano .
5. Leave the mixture in refrigerator to marinate for an hour.
6. Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.
7. Fry cakes, 4-5minutes a side, until golden brown. Make sure you roll each cake patty in plain flour. It take the moisture away and makes them extra crispy.
I like my cakes with a fresh salad on the side. I had mine with chopped tomato, cucumber and grated carrot salad.
Alternatively you can serve them with home made tzatziki (recipe coming shortly)
London Spa Girl x