09 May 2012

My beauty routine


Generally I’ve a holistic approach to skin as it’s a mirror of one’s internal system. Diet which consists mainly of fresh fruit and vegetables, fatty fish, pulses and wholegrains would almost guarantee you a glowing complexion and definitely slow down the aging of your skin.
I believe wellbeing is the key to good looks.
Unfortunately pollution and sun damage can hardly be avoided, so skincare can come handy when a healthy diet comes short.
I consider myself to be quite literate when it comes to reading labels.I've been in this industry for many years now. I don't easily get sucked into advertising hype.

I believe ingredients matter….and quality ingredients matter the most.
Remember your skin doesn’t need much. Your skin is smart.  Consistancy is the key.

Here are my top skincare products I've been devoted to for years. They really work!

My make-up remover

Raw virgin Coconut oil.... for real!. For more interesting ways to use this miracle product have a look at my Coconut oil blog.

Tiana's coconut oil is a premium quality oil. For more info on this product click here. There is a great deal on the Holland and Barrett's website for £16.49 for 500ml jar here.

For another amazing online offer 200ml jar for £9.24 click here

My exfoliators

Exfoliation is considered one of the most important techniques that you can perform on your skin to resolve or/and prevent certain skin issues as well as to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
A daily exfoliation prevents break-outs, superficial wrinkles, pigmentation and dry skin.

Dry skin myths: Most people with dry skin continuously apply excess lotions and oils to try keep it hydrated. Your skin is actually dry, not from lack of oil or moisturiser, but from lack of water.
So drinking water is essential, and so is taking Omega 3-6-9 supplements.
When treating dry skin, one should exfoliate before applying any other product. Dead skin cells over time build up and become unresponsive to lotions or creams. In order for moisturiser to effectively work, get rid of the dead skin by proper exfoliation. 

<><><><><><><><><>

The active ingredient is this product is 1% Salicylic acid (the same acid Aspirin is made from). It effectively decongests blocked pores and keeps excess sebum production at bay.

I've a combination/oily skin so I personally use it twice a day (morning and evening) instead of a  toner. It really is my simple 2 in 1 miracle anti-spots solution. Normal to dry skin types should use it only once -at night.

It's sold at most Boots stores in the UK for £5.39 or at Superdrug.com here
<><><><><><><><><>

After using the Salicylic pads I apply 4 drops of this night time brightening exfoliator, concentrating on my T-zone.

Retexturing Activator exfoliates and hydrates — it visibly diminishing surface lines and transforming skin  into a smoother, softer texture.

I never use a heavy night creme. Instead if I feel my skin needs extra moisture I sometimes apply few drops of Argan oil, Coconut oil  or Rose oil following the Retexturing Activator.

You can buy directly from the Skinceuticals online store here for £73. It looks pricey but it's great value as it honestly lasts for months.

My moisturisers

For moisturising I usually use natural essential oils.

<><><><><><><><><>
This is my fave day time moisturiser. It's a really simple product that is great at keeping my skin hydrated and soft. Active ingreadients are Bulgarian Rose oil and Rose hip extract.

It's recommended for dry and sensitive types but I still find it to be working extremely well on combination/oily skin like mine.

You can buy for £23.95 directly from Dr. Hauschka's website here

I've a separate blog about Argan oil as it's my all time favourite product. It's a wonderful treatment for eczema, psoriasis, acne, wrinkles, dry skin, rosacea etc. I apply a single pump at night following the Retexturing activator exfoliant.

Do not be afraid of the oily texture. This product does not clog pores, actually it's very effective on acne and problem skin.

I highly recommend this online store for Argan oil as I have personally sampled it for treatments in my spa.Also it's the best value I've found in London - £15 for 100g which honestly lasts 4-5 months.

<><><><><><><><><>
This wonderful product is produced in the Rose Valley in Bulgaria by the original  supplier of Rose and Lavander essential oils to the famous Dr. Hauschka skincare brand. Quality control is top notch!

It's one of the best moisturisers I've come across in my spa practice. It's organic, paraben and petrochemical-free, lanolin and artificial color-free, GMO-free wonder oil. I alternate this oil with the Argan Oil depending on how my skin feels.

Not to mention it is full or goodness - high quality organic Rose otto oil for its anti-aging quality , Borage and starflower oil, rich in Omega 6, organic Marygold with its antiseptic and anti-inflamatory properties, Organic St. Johns Wort.
Your skin will simply love it!

You can buy it directly from the manufacturer here for about £35.


My Cult Product


Unrivalled, high performance serum that has been Nr1 product in the UK for many years.....and for a good reason.

Phloretin CF® represents a new class of preventive and corrective topical antioxidant treatment. After five years of extensive research, SkinCeuticals developed this breakthrough technology combining the newly-discovered, broad-range power of phloretin with vitamin C and ferulic acid to divide and conquer sources of damage at every level.

It really is an unique serum. Works on anging, pigmentation, congestion.... You name it - it does it!

I use 4 drops on my face every morning just after my Salicylic pads exfoliation and before my Rose day cream. It's pricey  (£150 for 30ml ....hmmmmm I know!) but again due to it's liquid formula it'd last for about 2 months.

You can buy directly from Skinceuticals's online store here


London Spa Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...