01 May 2012

Best Italian in Notting Hill


Mediterraneo - My local Italian comfort food




There are so many Italian restaurants in London. I've tried many of them, including the high-end ones. They are all great with few exceptions but the one that I find myself coming back to every week is Mediterraneo in Notting hill. It's naturally becoming my favourite Italian  in London so I thought it deserved a special blog about its food.

I try to go there once a week. If I don't I just start craving some of the food. It is just a shame so many others think the same and it gets booked up so quickly! This place is buzzy and very casual and makes for a relaxed lunch or evening with really superb and simple food. I also find it quite inexpensive. The ingredients are fresh and of  high quality. The waiters are attentive, the food is incredible in both choice of pastas, meats, fish...mmmm mouth-watering. Did I forget to mention they have the best tiramisu in town? Can't recommend it enough.

Mediterraneo is on 37 Kensington Park Road, London W11 2EU. Click here for menu.
The location is a 15 minute stroll from Notting Hill Gate tube, through one of the nicest residential areas in London.

Amy, Caitlin, Lew and I were last in Mediterraneo a week ago. Here is a picture gallery of what we had:

I usually go for the whole baked seabass or seafood linguini.
Both are simply divine!


My seabass off the bone:) with a side of spinach

Amy had the Char-Grilled Corn feed Chicken Paillard with Cherry
Tomato Rocket & Balsamic Glaze. She loved it!
Caitlin and Lew picked the Seafood Linguini following my
recommendation. Yum!


We all had Montepulciano Abruzzo red wine.
Amy and I are quite big fans of it especially since we went
in the area where they produce it in Tuscany last summer.
Goes very well with any Italian food, not only red meat.

Lew was a Mediterraneo virgin when we took him....
Honestly.....best tiramisu in London. Fact!
You're welcome!

Enjoy,

London Spa Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...