17 May 2012

Pitt Cue - BBQ heaven


 I had a near religious experience at Pitt Cue.

Meat fans: just go!  Trust me. You're welcome






The entire blogosphere has raved about this southern-style barbecue joint eversince it opened its doors back in October 2011.

Amoungst the buzz of positive reviews came one recurring theme... No reservations. At Pitt Cue, YOU HAD TO QUEUE. So I, being a patient soul, held off my visit until May....

The menu is what it should be, succinct & meaty.
Choose between pork ribs, beef ribs, pulled pork, brisket...

We tried everything..

For me the obvious winners were the ribs. They really live up to the hype. I think I like the St Louis pork ribs marginally better than the beef ones - flakey, juicy, sticky, sweet & salty... Combined with pickled beets with pieces of ham hock, creamy mash with burnt ends & smoked baked beans.
Simply divine. Mmmmmm

The portions were massive and it was without a doubt the best BBQ food I’d ever had.

So the moral to this story is that some things are worth waiting for.

Tip: The restaurant is tiny - it has a room only for 30 people. I sugest you go with a friend..
Waiting time is about an hour  for a table for two and much longer if you're in a big group of people.

ahhh....pulled pork heaven









For a more measured, coherent but equally enthusiastic assessment read Jay Rayner's review for the Guardian here.


London Spa Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...